PDA

View Full Version : Bark Crab Spider, Stephanopis stelloides

adcolon
02-15-2009, 05:24 PM
Cambalache State Forest, Arecibo, Puerto Rico. Canon 50D, Canon MP-65, Canon macro flash with diffusers. ISO 100, f/11 @ 1/250 sec.

Julie Kenward
02-15-2009, 06:07 PM
Alfredo, you do realize I will never come to Puerto Rico now that I know how many horrible looking spiders you have there, right? :eek::D:eek:

Good details on this one in the front half - the back half is a little bit fuzzier but it doesn't really bother me that much. I do find the flash area on the left side to be a little distracting as is the black patch in the rear of the frame. Overall, though, it's good enough to totally creep me out.

Ed Vatza
02-16-2009, 06:23 AM
Alfredo,

As Julie said, I would have liked to see you take any angle that put the entire body into focus. As it is, the front looks great... as an image, I'm talking; as a spider, not so cute! :D

Mike Moats
02-17-2009, 08:32 PM
Hey Alfredo, this guy is really creepy, would have liked to see the whole body in focus but I know it not always possible to do that with busy backgrounds.

Steve Maxson
02-17-2009, 11:02 PM
A very cool looking critter, Alfredo. It really does look like a crab. As above, I would wish the rear end was in focus more.