PDA

View Full Version : The Blue Side

Susan Griffith
02-15-2009, 12:15 PM
Well what can I say, there is a new toy in the house and it is the new 5D MK2 so here is the fist shot taken with it.

This is another one of Casey's feathers excet the blue side, taken in full sunlight (streaming through the window) with no adjustments to the color saturation, I just loved the electric blue that exists naturally this feather. This feather was at a slight angle to try to create some depth and to try to capture some of the natural curve toward the quill.

Let me know what you think.

5D MK2
1.4x
180 F3.5/L
0.60s
f/32.0
252.0mm
iso125

Julie Kenward
02-15-2009, 06:05 PM
Love the comp and colors, Susan. Most of the little white dots don't really bother me at all except for the one near the middle bottom of the frame. It's a little more pronounced and seems to stop my eye.

So are you loving the new toy???

Susan Griffith
02-15-2009, 06:28 PM
Julie,

I am loving the new toy :D. I am soo used to the white dots around here... believe it or not its dust from my Moluccan cockatoo, one very dusty bird but he is a love sponge :P Trying to keep my little work area dust free is a daily event.

Ed Vatza
02-16-2009, 06:25 AM
Hi Susan,

I'm liking EVERYTHING about this image save the aforementioned dust which I find more distracting that Jules, I guess. I'm always battling dust as well. I am wondering (I don't really know) whether a rocket blower would work to blow out some of that dust. It might be worth a try.

Mike Moats
02-17-2009, 08:28 PM
Hey Susan, very nice pop in the color. This one make my eyes go crazy as I stare at it. Very nice.