PDA

View Full Version : Desire Burns Like A Fire In One's Soul

Ed Vatza
02-14-2009, 09:22 PM
What is your desire?

As Valentine's Day winds down, I give you not the passion of the red rose but the desire of the orange rose.

Image made with Canon 30D; Sigma 70mm Macro lens; Canon 430 Ex Flash w/ LumiQuest Soft Box; Velbon Ultra Luxi tripod; gold reflector and few other toys.

1/2 sec @ f/13; ISO 200; +1 EV; FEC -1

Mike Moats
02-15-2009, 07:05 AM
Hey Ed, I like the soft look and great color. DOF works for me. Well done.

denise ippolito
02-15-2009, 07:10 AM
Ed, I does resemble the look of fire when you first look at the thumbnail- great color and just enough softness.

Julie Kenward
02-15-2009, 06:02 PM
It looks like someone took fire and molded it into the shape of a rose. Wonderful!

massimomossi
02-15-2009, 07:35 PM
Wonderful image--the color has an inner glow that really conveys superheated desire. The juxtaposition of softness and detail is very sensuous.

Well done!!!

Massimo

Aristotle Georgiou
02-15-2009, 08:19 PM
Great shot Ed!

Love that vibrant orange, nice DOF and the composition is look good.

Well done

Ed Vatza
02-16-2009, 06:45 AM
Mike, Denise, Julie, Massimo, and Aristotle,

I thank you all for you comments and feedback. I was very happy with how this series turned out. As I commented above (in Jared's post), these roses are actually orange/yellow bi-colors and have shorter (if that is the correct term) petals compared to most roses. So they seem to lend themselves to the type of "coming in from the side and slightly above" compositions you see here and in my earlier orange rose image which I think I just called "Desire". That's what allows for that wonderful, to my eye, combination of sharpness and softness.

Susan Griffith
02-16-2009, 10:25 PM
I really like the texture, the color, and how composition all work very well in this image.

-Susan