PDA

View Full Version : Valentine Meal

Roman Kurywczak
02-14-2009, 12:00 PM
OK.......so it wasn't February if truth be told.......but I captured this right after he plucked the fish out to bring it back to his mate. I liked the wing position of this one but am debating the face/bill....so any suggestions greatly appreciated. Canon Mark 3 with the Sigma 300-800mm lens at 800mm at f8 and 1/3200 sec. at ISO 800. Rotated slightly and cropped all around to help comp.

Doug Oglesby
02-14-2009, 01:48 PM
Fantastic action. I agree the wings are great. There's something about the head that bothers me though. It might be a little soft and it kind of gets lost in the body. Maybe a tighter crop so it's emphasized a little more?

Beth Goffe
02-14-2009, 02:14 PM
Happy Valentine's Day, Roman! Cool action and I'm impressed he was able to keep a grip on the fish since it looks like a tenuous grab. The patterns in the wings are beautiful and you got nice light on the entire bird. I agree with Doug about the head. Its position has it blending in with the body so it's a bit difficult to see although the eye contact helps. Not sure what to do about it - I'm curious to see others' thoughts.

Nate Chappell
02-14-2009, 06:42 PM
Great action Roman, I like your comp too.

Sid Garige
02-15-2009, 12:21 AM
Fantastic timing Roman. Excellent job.

Judy Lynn Malloch
02-15-2009, 08:22 AM
Love this one Roman Excellent timing and great action and pose. The head turn and the fish put it over the top for me. Sure was great meeting you and it looks like the rest of your trip was a good one !!!