PDA

View Full Version : Seascape

José Rodríguez
02-14-2009, 11:08 AM
The north coast of my island. Nikon D300 , Sigma 10-20 @10 , f8 ,1/250 , ISO 200. C&C welcomed

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3012/2575626615_ececbb8258_b.jpg

Robert Amoruso
02-14-2009, 11:49 AM
Jose,

I like how you composed this for the rocks, sea and sky/clouds. The thing I am struggling with is the gull. I would have preferred him more right and up. Flying out of the frame does not work well here IMO.

I you made this same image w/o the gull, that is a killer image. Did you get one w/o the gull?

José Rodríguez
02-14-2009, 12:05 PM
Hi Robert. Let me explain a bit this image. I was there in the border of the land (a bit dangerous place) and didn´t relise I was getting close to the gull's nests. So suddenly some gulls "attacked". This is one of them. But it was taken in the shot before this one (a non usable one). So to replay the effect, I did some photoshop and glued the gull. Now that you tell me, I´m thinking maybe it was a big mistake to do so. Thanks for your comments !

Robert Amoruso
02-15-2009, 12:04 PM
Jose,

Thanks for the update and I agree that going w/o the gull is a good move.

Roman Kurywczak
02-16-2009, 09:35 AM
Hi Jose,
I agreed with Robert's assesment on the gull and the overall scene. Since it was flying out of the frame ....not having it was the way to go.......but since you mentioned you added it (I'm not a huge fan of that but do understand you were trying to re-create the scene)......I may just pick a different location for the gull.....more to the right and slightly higher......this would be more effective with the gull. I do think the scene would be very nice on it's own.........so whatever you are comfortable with.

Jasper Doest
02-20-2009, 08:15 AM
Although I agree that it is a pity that the bird is flying out of frame...I'd have to add a wow to this. Great scene and that gull is the icing on the cake. Sweet!