PDA

View Full Version : Today at Skagit Valley Eagle in flight

phillane
02-13-2009, 08:21 PM
Grabbed this one on the drive home from a otherwise non event full day of shooting when I noticed two baldies devouring a dead Snow goose two hundred yards away in a field. Made it in camera range just after the last course.

Date: 2/12/09
Time: 3:25:42 AM
Model: Canon EOS 40D
Serial #:
Firmware:
Frame #: 3779
Lens (mm): 320
ISO: 400
Aperture: 6.3
Shutter: 1/2000
Exp. Comp.: 0.0
Flash Comp.:
Program: Aperture Priority
Focus Mode:
White Bal.:
ICC Profile: sRGB Profile
Contrast:
Sharpening:
Quality:

Alfred Forns
02-14-2009, 09:29 AM
Hi Phil photographing eagles is always a special treat !!! Not sure about the exp comp at zero? Could open up the shadows in PS a bit but is always best to nail in camera. Might want to check the histogram. Great being alert for the action !!!!

Doug Brown
02-14-2009, 09:59 AM
I like the wing position and sharpness. Wish the bird was flying towards you. While I agree with Al about the benefits of + EC when photographing eagles against the sky, you've got reasonable detail and a lack of noise in the darks. The sky color looks kind of funny on my monitor, and so do the whites on the eagle's head; it's a greenish cast. I would crop a little off the top and bottom also. Here's a repost in which I also tried to bring out a little more detail in the darks.

Nate Chappell
02-14-2009, 08:49 PM
Nice flight shot Phil, I would play around with the color balance on this one some as it appears to have a slight yellowish cast to it.