PDA

View Full Version : Savannah Sparrow Portrait

Arnold Dubin
02-13-2009, 05:09 PM
This photo of the Savannah Sparrow was taken driving from Moccasin Island Tract to Viera Wetlands on a Duda Road going east. I was using a Nikon D200, 500mm f4 manual focus lens with a 1.4X Teleconverter. The ISO was 400, f-stop f8 and speed 1/1000sec. RAW format was used for this photo. I used beanbag to rest my camera on while taking it through my car window. An off camera release was used to expose this photo.

I used only Lightroom 2 for my post processing. This photo was cropped into 28% of its original size.

Please provide me critiques on this photo.

Thanks, ANDubin

Fabs Forns
02-13-2009, 05:24 PM
Hi Arnold, I think the critical focus is on the fence, and also, if you have more room as you point out, the crop is a bit tight on the frame. Exposure and background are just fine. Keep the coming!

Judy Lynn Malloch
02-13-2009, 06:20 PM
Fab has covered it all . I like the pose you captured in this image and the excellent eye contact. Will look forward to your future posts Arnold and many thanks for sharing.

John Blumenkamp
02-13-2009, 06:38 PM
I agree about the focus as noted.... really like the uniform background, which I think works great for tight shots of small birds like you've captured here. Hope to see more.

Arnold Dubin
02-14-2009, 09:37 AM
This was a duplicate

Arnold Dubin
02-14-2009, 09:44 AM
Fabs, I appreciate your feedback. I took your suggestion and provided more room in front of the Sparrow and remove some room below the fence. I also cloned out part of the bar-wired fence and burned it in so hopefully it takes the focus away from the fence. Please let me know if this helped to improve this photo. If it doesn't I would appreciate other suggestions from you to improve this photo besides taking another photo of the Sparrow on a tree branch. Again thanks for your time. ADubin <o></o>

Click Here to view new photo - http://www.dubinphotography.net/gallery/7348333_TDVw7#473390344_bxoEN

Hi Arnold, I think the critical focus is on the fence, and also, if you have more room as you point out, the crop is a bit tight on the frame. Exposure and background are just fine. Keep the coming!

Arnold Dubin
02-14-2009, 10:07 AM
Judy, Thanks for your feedback. Arnold

Arnold Dubin
02-14-2009, 10:08 AM
John, Thanks for your comments. Arnold