PDA

View Full Version : In the Studio-Strike a Pose

Nonda Surratt
02-13-2009, 01:32 PM
Not really. And yes a song was running though my mind at the time:) Hot day cool stone and the old girl wasn't budging.

Bit of whining..W/o power a good chunk of the day yesterday from the windstorm (some won't get power till Monday!) With the water saturated ground some of the trees down back had a serious lean, with stakes, rope and sledge hammer I went down to fix (stabilize)..Smacked finger with sledge hammer, guess which one. High point Don is doing dishes for now, wonder how long I can milk that?

20D, 400f5.6@f5.6, ISO 400, 1/250, +1/3>>> 2006

Cheryl Flory
02-13-2009, 02:41 PM
beautifully sharp details in that squirrel! great eye contact and HA. Is there a pinkish cast to the white chest?
great soft bg.
another photo making squirrels look great!
way to go, Nonda!
(when will we see pics of sq babies???)

David Thomasson
02-13-2009, 04:40 PM
Excellent as usual, Nonda. What was the lighting situation? Obviously not direct sunlight. Looks like some huge reflector (side of the house) was to the right. Very pleasing, wraps right around everything. Really looks like a studio shot.

Incidentally, I like the warm tone. Just out of curiosity, I "corrected" the cast -- meaning I set the white point using the bright patch in front on the white fur. I don't like this better, just throwing it in for comparison.

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/5417/colorcorrectyq3.jpg

Gus Cobos
02-13-2009, 04:40 PM
Hi Nonda,
I like the capture and image. you have sharp details and good color rendition...I would suggest on cropping 1/4 from the bottom and from the top to make it into a pano. This way the little guy's pose would flow even with the framing...:cool:

See if you like this version...:)

Lance Peters
02-13-2009, 04:52 PM
HI Nonda - gus nailed it for me.... Great pose, I think I am going to have to start and call you the Squirrel Whisperer - you seem to be able to get them to do what you want :) :)

On my screen does look a bit magenta.

Alfred Forns
02-13-2009, 05:20 PM
Fine looking pose Nonda i like the crop posted by Gus but wish the original was framed a little different, not sure showing the entire width of the perch is needed?

David is correct and and did well removing the cast. For presenting I would like more warmth in the image than the totally neutral, no right or wrong here just personal taste.

Cheryl Flory
02-13-2009, 05:24 PM
I like the cast removed from the squirrel, but I liked how it warmed up the background.

Harold Davis
02-13-2009, 05:47 PM
i like the warmer tones myself. gives it more feel. love the pose. agree on the crop suggestions. hope the finger gets better. dont kill don with those dishes!!!

denise ippolito
02-13-2009, 06:48 PM
Nonda, Great shot w/ spot on details!I like the warmer tones somewhere in-between the 2. Gus' crop suggestion is good.

Nonda Surratt
02-13-2009, 08:20 PM
Gus do like the crop was never fond of the crop as is.

David, high shade of the walnut tree, with late, late afternoon sun hitting the corner of the stone, right side. On the color, the BG in this is our garage which is sided in the color Almond. So when setting the color from the white fur, which is picking (reflecting) the color of the stone..The BG color is now way off? Although I do tend to post to the warm side;)

David Thomasson
02-13-2009, 10:15 PM
Gus do like the crop was never fond of the crop as is.

David, high shade of the walnut tree, with late, late afternoon sun hitting the corner of the stone, right side. On the color, the BG in this is our garage which is sided in the color Almond. So when setting the color from the white fur, which is picking (reflecting) the color of the stone..The BG color is now way off? Although I do tend to post to the warm side;)

I like the warm tone ... and late afternoon shots should look warm. It ain't broke. Don't fix it. :cool:

Oscar Zangroniz
02-13-2009, 10:33 PM
Great pose Nonda. I like your original one better.

Katie Rupp
02-13-2009, 10:35 PM
Love the pose, the warm tone and the pano crop, Nonda. Here's hoping your finger heals enough for photography but not enought for dishes!

Gail Spitler
02-14-2009, 10:02 AM
This is just an amazing image and probably very rare.
Well done
Gail

Nonda Surratt
02-14-2009, 10:46 AM
Thanks!

The only time I've been able to 'work' a squirrel, was loads of fun.

Katie, good thing I only have to push the shutter once;) Don has found true love in paper plates