PDA

View Full Version : Close to home

Per-Gunnar Ostby
02-13-2009, 05:37 AM
Over the last couple of years I have spent nearly half my time outside of the UK photographing in the most exotic locales and have had a great time and have got some very good shots.

But recently I decided it was time to look at my adopted home a little more seriously and this spring I plan on doing that. A recent morning in Regents Park in central London proved that you don't have to go that far afield to find amazing photographic opportunities of wildlife (I have 4 or 5 others from that morning with which I am quite happy)

Clearly I would be happier if the fighting herons were not partially obscured by the foreground birds but that will be for the next time! :)

1Ds Mk3
600 f4
ISO 200
Manual
1/2000s at f4

Judy Lynn Malloch
02-13-2009, 07:51 AM
Incredible timing and very interesting behavioral image.. Great exposure and detail too. I think you did very well considering where this was taken as it looks like it would have been next impossible to have isolated the two GBH. Many thanks for sharing and we will look forward to your future posts.

Axel Hildebrandt
02-13-2009, 01:20 PM
I like the incoming heron and quite a selection of species you got there. I would have gone to ISO 400 and stopped down more for wider DOF.