PDA

View Full Version : A Mothers Love

Judy Lynn Malloch
02-12-2009, 06:54 PM
This has been a dream of mine for the past six years to capture an image of the little hitchkiker . They are so cute and the parents are so protective and loving. A real favorite image of mine because of the feeling it portrays and because it took me six years to get it !!!!!!

denise ippolito
02-12-2009, 06:59 PM
Judy, I'd wait for that image as well!! It's precious, I love his little head peeking thru and the water colors are amazing! Nothing like a mother's love!

Steve Maxson
02-12-2009, 08:22 PM
Love the pose, Judy. I might crop some off the bottom. There is so much going on in the reflections in the water that my eye is drawn away from the birds. Also, there seems to be something funky going on with jpeg artifacts - note especially around the beak - and perhaps this may have something to do with the birds looking a bit soft on my monitor. I expect the full-res version is much better. :)

James Shadle
02-12-2009, 08:56 PM
Judy,
What do you think?

Do you over compress this image? Way soft for what you normally post.

david cramer
02-12-2009, 09:04 PM
The repost is an improvement. Congrats on the shot, and the patience and determination to get it!

Judy Lynn Malloch
02-12-2009, 09:11 PM
Awesome improvement James. I have been having some problems with the computer and perhaps I did over compress this one. Maybe too much late hour editing :o Many thanks James for taking the time to repost. I appreciate it i

Steve Maxson
02-12-2009, 09:38 PM
The repost is a big improvement! :)

Matt Lerer
02-12-2009, 10:51 PM
Hey Judy,

I haven't posted to any images yet because I don't feel I am in a position of critiquing any ones work when mine needs so much help lol. I am in awe by what people do here and I would spend way too much time just saying the shots are incredible. Anyway...I am letting you know that I think this is an amazing shot and I am so glad you got it (and sorry I didn't of course) and kept your composure in what must have been some very tense moments. James' repost is brilliant and I love everything about the photo! Congrats!

Raymond Barlow
02-13-2009, 06:48 PM
excellent shot Judy, and James did a great job too.