PDA

View Full Version : The hole

José Rodríguez
02-12-2009, 10:13 AM
This place is close to my home. So it didn´t hurt too much to wake up early and take this shot. It's a volcanic hole connected to the sea, which creates beautiful water movements.
I used my sigma 10-20 handheld to take this one. Unfortunatly it was shoted in JPG, so the processing had some limitations.

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/7427192-md.jpg

<table id="Inbox" width="100%" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td style="font-size: 120%;" width="30%">Cámara:</td> <td style="font-size: 120%;">Nikon D40 (http://flickr.com/cameras/nikon/d40/)</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="font-size: 120%;" width="30%">Exposición:</td> <td style="font-size: 120%;">0,008 sec (1/125)</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="font-size: 120%;" width="30%">Aperture:</td> <td style="font-size: 120%;">f/5,6</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="font-size: 120%;" width="30%">Lente:</td> <td style="font-size: 120%;">10 mm</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Velocidad ISO:</td> <td>200</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Tendencia de exposición:</td> <td>-1/3 EV</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

joel quenneville
02-12-2009, 11:35 AM
You really captured the grandeur of this scene, José. The clouds are a great backdrop and add some drama to your image. I love that you captured this with some water in the bottom but empty enough to create some beautiful falls. The whites in the pool are a little hot on my monitor. Shooting vertical here gives the viewer a different perspective of a seascape. Very well done, I like it a lot. I would be intrested in seeing other compositions you may have come up with for this location.

Dave Mills
02-12-2009, 11:53 AM
Jose, You have a beautiful composition here. The sky has alot of interest along with an excellent foreground. I wanted to put a bit more detail in the pools water and give the sky a boost. Selected sky,used S/H to bring it up and same with the bottom half. Added a tiny bit of saturation. Nice image!!

Roman Kurywczak
02-12-2009, 09:35 PM
Hi Jose,
That is one magical place! I may have to go visit you I like it so much! I think Dave brought out a bit more depth with the PP'ing. I love the way you used the FG rocks to lead us into the image. Very nicely framed and exposed also. Very nicely done!

José Rodríguez
02-13-2009, 03:54 AM
Thanks for those wise comments! I´m thinking of reshoting, this time in RAW...And I will explore a long exposure using a ND filter also
Thanks a lot......

Harold Davis
02-13-2009, 06:09 PM
nicely done, jose. i cant add much more, but was thinking that a stitched pano would work here too.

dave's repost is really nice!!

Robert Amoruso
02-13-2009, 08:57 PM
Thanks for those wise comments! I´m thinking of reshoting, this time in RAW...And I will explore a long exposure using a ND filter also
Thanks a lot......

Jose, You are on the right track - this is just what I was going to suggest. Wonderful image for all the reasons mentioned.