PDA

View Full Version : Cattle Egret Elegant Pose

Maxis Gamez
02-12-2009, 07:35 AM
http://********.org/bpn/40D/_MG_8431.jpg
Cattle Egret Elegant Pose - Gatorland

This one from last season at Gatorland. I really like the elegant pose enhanced by the flowers.

Hope you like it.

Canon 40D, 500mm L @ f/5.6, 1/400 sec, ISO 400, 550 EX, Better Beamer, Tripod, Manual Exposure, Almost Full Frame.

Thanks!

Ramon M. Casares
02-12-2009, 08:05 AM
I do like it, a lot, love the comp, pose, light, exposure control and colors, BG couldnīt be better, the OOF leaves in the lower right corner might be a nit, but a big one at all. Big congratulations Maxis!

John Blumenkamp
02-12-2009, 09:05 AM
I really like this Maxis with the head turn looking back. I also like the vegetation as a base in the image, giving way to that excellent background, which the egret looks awesome against. Nice work.

Rene Quenneville
02-12-2009, 12:19 PM
Great picture Maxis, as usual you have created a piece of art. I also find the lower right corner OOF as a minor distraction. You could also dodge the eye a little.

W T Lloyd
02-12-2009, 07:49 PM
Wow! I don't even know what you call that color...puce? No, that's not right...well, it is getting close to a pinkish hue, on my monitor!
I like it, don't know what could be done about the OOF forground, that does bother a bit....

James Shadle
02-12-2009, 08:32 PM
Maxis,
You have a beautiful subject. The image is exposed well, sharp and the background is very nice.
I reposted a crop that IMO would make this an even stronger image.

I did not want to "clone up" your image so I left a little note at the bottom.:D

James

Maxis Gamez
02-13-2009, 06:43 AM
Hi James,

Thank you for the repost. Definitely another possibility for a different composition but frankly, I like it better with both flowers. I don't remember if their virtual feet are that long :) but we should consider that as well!

Thank you for taking the time!