PDA

View Full Version : Cape Vulture

Chris van Rooyen
02-11-2009, 02:27 PM
I found this image in my archives from 2005. It was created at Giant's Castle. I thought the contrast created by the side-lighting on the white bird and the dark blue mountain in the shade in the background creates a dramatic, pleasing effect. All comments welcome as always:).

Krijn Trimbos
02-11-2009, 02:34 PM
Excellent shot Chris, love the BG and the look from the vulture. Due to the headturn (being a bit to the left) I would probably try to move the vulture a bit more to the right of the frame and see how that looks, but I am not 100% certain. Otherwise I like pretty much everything here

Doug Brown
02-11-2009, 02:45 PM
I like the blue mountain BG. I agree with Krijn about moving the bird to the right, and I would crop a little off the bottom Chris.

Juan Aragonés
02-11-2009, 03:42 PM
I like it in the way that you posted but I see what Krijn is suggesting. I think that the image would work fine in whatever the case. The bluish BG and the warm, yellowish, light on the vulture balances very well and I ABSOLUTELY love the feeling of empty space of the image. :-)

Ramon M. Casares
02-12-2009, 09:41 AM
The body says one comp and the head turn another... what to do... I would´ve probably centered this one. Still, stunning shot! Big congratualitons, Pose, light, detail, BG, all looks very nice!