PDA

View Full Version : Winter Sunglow

Tom Dolezal
02-11-2009, 11:51 AM
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u314/erding/Landscape/_69I4069-Edit-Edit.jpg

larger image here (http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u314/erding/Landscape/_69I4069a-Edit-Edit.jpg)

Technical: Canon 1Ds Mk3, Canon 16-35 Mk2, f/2.8 2, 1/180, f/11, 0 EV, ISO 100, AV mode

C&C welcome

Thank you for looking

Dave Mills
02-11-2009, 12:16 PM
I took the liberty to make a few adjustments to your image. First, I selected the snow area and brought it up in S/H.
I then selected the sky and gave it more definition is S/H. I cropped a bit off the left to get the sun off center and I added some canvas on the bottom to give more room for the twigs in the foreground. I also cropped the top a bit.

Robert Amoruso
02-11-2009, 08:34 PM
Dave punched this up nicely.

I like the "V" shape in the FG snow but it is not a strong enough to carry the FG. The sun in the center is not work here as it did with your other image you recently posted.

Tom Dolezal
02-14-2009, 03:36 AM
I took the liberty to make a few adjustments to your image. First, I selected the snow area and brought it up in S/H.
I then selected the sky and gave it more definition is S/H. I cropped a bit off the left to get the sun off center and I added some canvas on the bottom to give more room for the twigs in the foreground. I also cropped the top a bit.

An interested edit Dave thank you for doing it - shows what could be done with the image.

The original image is very much straight from the camera with no PP - it was the atmosphere of that scene that appealed to me.

For me, while the edit has has brought out the tones well the atmosphere of the scene has been diluted.

Tom

Tom Dolezal
02-14-2009, 03:38 AM
Dave punched this up nicely.

I like the "V" shape in the FG snow but it is not a strong enough to carry the FG. The sun in the center is not work here as it did with your other image you recently posted.

Thanks for your comments Robert - much appreciated.

I don't need much of an excuse to go back and have another attempt :D