PDA

View Full Version : Bluebird on Berries

RR Donavan
01-23-2008, 08:33 PM
Shot in the backyard and as usual through the glass door. BG is a wooden fence.

C & C welcome.

Roy

1DmkII, 500mm, 1/125, f8, ISO 400

Dean Ingwersen
01-23-2008, 08:42 PM
Hi Roy,

What a sweet looking little bird. I like the DOF, and the fence background isn't distracting to me. A bit of a head turn would have helped I think, and to my eye there is a little too much room at the bottom and right of the image. And there seems to be a bit of noise in the image...perhaps there was a loss of quality given the file size. Good work.

Axel Hildebrandt
01-23-2008, 08:52 PM
Setting and colors are very nice. I would crop a bit off the right. The BG is noisy and the plumage looks as if it is a heavy crop. I find the dark part left of the bird a bit distracting. Keep them coming.

Maxis Gamez
01-23-2008, 09:08 PM
Hello,

You have potential for a really nice image without the need of heavy cropping. Set up a blind outside and get the image.

Tony Whitehead
01-23-2008, 09:47 PM
This is a great opportunity for a really good shot. Colours are great. Firstly eliminate the glass door - plate glass doesn't make a good optical filter :(. I agree with Maxis regarding a hide/blind or some way of getting a bit closer. There is a very prominent halo along the back so postprocessing needs some modification to make the most of it. With a few changes you can get an image that will be really good.:)

Del Cockroft
01-24-2008, 06:41 AM
All the nits accepted it is still a nice comp and the colours great.

John Cooper
01-24-2008, 08:48 PM
What a beautiful little bird you have captured here!! I just love the tones of this bird set off nicely with the colourful seed-head. I have a hide set up in my garden - this gives you greater flexability to move around and place the perch where it will have a natural BG.