PDA

View Full Version : Photosynthetic Radiance

chad anderson
02-10-2009, 05:21 PM
Hey Flora and Macro,

Here is an image that caught my eye on a hike through the pine rocklands in the lower keys. I like its strong symmetry and the glowing amber tones. What do you think?

Ed Vatza
02-10-2009, 06:36 PM
Hi Chad,

I sort of have mixed feelings here. I like the light. I light the tones. I like the composition. I'm just not keen on this particular specimen. All those spots/marking seem a bit distracting to me. But that may just be me. Let's see what others have to say.

Julie Kenward
02-10-2009, 07:31 PM
I don't mind the blotches as much as Ed but...I want you to look at the yellows - they are almost on the green side. I think if you warmed them up a bit they'd really set off those orange tones and pop the image even more.

I'd also consider cropping the stem out of the bottom right corner. I love that you took this on a diagonal - it certainly draws my eye right through the image!

denise ippolito
02-10-2009, 08:28 PM
Chad, It's so funny you posted this-I shot almost the same shot walking thru the glades yesterday! It caught my eye also, agree w/ Jules on warming up the yellows! nicely seen. I actually like the color spots I think they add interest.

Mike Moats
02-12-2009, 06:44 AM
Hey Chad, I guess it's two against two on the blotches, I agree with Ed, I tend to spend more time looking at the brown sptosm than the great backlighting here. I like your comp and colors. I would have stopped down more to bring the top left in better focus to match the focus in the lower right.