PDA

View Full Version : Snag for One...

David Roach
02-10-2009, 11:43 AM
Created just before sunrise, from the right of this view. I liked the dead snag as much as the lone anhinga as the subject of this image. This represents a slight crop due to couple degree rotation ( for correction). As always, comments and learnings welcome!
1DMKIIN 400DO ISO 800 F8@1/80

Axel Hildebrandt
02-10-2009, 12:33 PM
I like the light, composition and setting. Must look good as a print.

john crookes
02-10-2009, 12:41 PM
The Colors looked a little muted so I opened the photo and saw it was saved in adobe which usually does that to a web photo I bumped it up a notch and converted to srgb

I agree with Axel that this would make a great print

Axel Hildebrandt
02-10-2009, 12:46 PM
Interesting repost, John. I came up with this, increased contrast and saturation 10 points, sharpened the upper part of the bird and converted to sRGB.

David Roach
02-10-2009, 02:04 PM
As always, thanks for the learnings! I had already set saturation to 10, so I didn't want to go any further. Sometimes that distorts the actual colors (not that it matters when you're making art). I like both reposts; Axel's the best of the three as it retains the great texture of the tree due to the glowing sidelight of the impending sunrise. I added +.67 and got the histogram as far as possiible to the right but still was afraid it would have to be a "standard silhouette". I was surpised of the details with fairly low noise (i did run one pass through neat image). One day I'll have both your PP skills!!