PDA

View Full Version : White Stork pair

saleeltambe
02-10-2009, 09:15 AM
I photographed this pair of White Storks during my recent trip to India.
Before this , I always struggled on most of my images of Storks and Cranes shots to get the right balance of exposure between Whites and Blacks...and it always was a tricky game to get a catchlight correctly.

This time the Storks were in good soft light (infact it was overcast) and could get the right balance with this Stork pair.

Techs - Canon 50D, 500mm/f4 , 400ISO, 1/350 f 5.6 , Gitzo + Wimberly

Cheers,
Saleel Tambe
www.saleeltambe.com (http://www.saleeltambe.com)

john crookes
02-10-2009, 11:23 AM
Nice location and nice to have both looking in your direction. I would like some more room at the bottom so as not to cut off the virtual feet

Keep up the good work

John

joel quenneville
02-10-2009, 11:29 AM
Well done. Leaving some room ahead of the storks not only takes them out of the center but also gives them some room to "walk into", making the image more pleasing for the viewer. I love the way you placed the two storks so that they really emphasize each other. Repetition is a powerful compositonal concept. I only wish for a slightly better head turn on the front bird. I might also run a little Shadow and Highlights in PS. Good job, I like this one.

Axel Hildebrandt
02-10-2009, 03:04 PM
Great find, I also wish both birds had the same head angle. I agree regarding more details in the shadows and the water area where you didn't apply NR is noticeably noisier.