PDA

View Full Version : Charlotte Amalie

Alfred Forns
02-09-2009, 07:53 PM
A view from the top of the hill looking into the Harbor in St Thomas Made with point and shoot Nikon Cool Pix 5000 during a visit trip !!

Comments welcome and much appreciated

denise ippolito
02-09-2009, 09:11 PM
Alfred, This is really nice . I like the red roofs -they accent the blue water so nicely!

Oscar Zangroniz
02-09-2009, 09:25 PM
Beautiful composition Al. I remember flying in many years ago and thinking that we were running out of runway and smashing into the mountain, and that was on a small plane. Can't imagine flying in a commercial jet.

Great memories, used to go almost every summer when my dad lived in Puerto Rico.

Gus Cobos
02-09-2009, 09:27 PM
Saint Thomas is one of my favorite places...Love the view...brings back good memories...:D:cool:

Alfred Forns
02-09-2009, 09:44 PM
Tough place to land Oscar ... lots of crashes small and large !! Was at the airport when a light twin smashed into a gas station on take off. Lots one engine and flipped over.

Jackie Schuknecht
02-10-2009, 07:11 PM
Looks absolutely beautiful Al. Scary about the planes........:eek:

Alfred Forns
02-10-2009, 09:01 PM
The runway has been extended into the bay Jackie, much longer than what it used to be. Part of the problem is wind direction which planes need to observe and generally comes form the mountain ... take off is against the mountain more often than not.

Not sure what the record is since the lengthening but going back to sixties and seventies they had some horrific crashes both light twins and jets !!!