PDA

View Full Version : Fisherman

José Rodríguez
02-09-2009, 07:03 PM
Taken in Maspalomas, one the most beautiful beaches of my island. I wasn´t barefoot, so that day my socks were wet. Tried a mid low angle, and a tilted perspective. C&C wellcomed

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/7981539-lg.jpg

<table id="Inbox" width="100%" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td style="font-size: 120%;" width="30%">Cámara:</td> <td style="font-size: 120%;">Nikon D40 (http://www.flickr.com/cameras/nikon/d40/)</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="font-size: 120%;" width="30%">Exposición:</td> <td style="font-size: 120%;">0,006 sec (1/160)</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="font-size: 120%;" width="30%">Aperture:</td> <td style="font-size: 120%;">f/10</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="font-size: 120%;" width="30%">Lente:</td> <td style="font-size: 120%;">10 mm</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Velocidad ISO:</td> <td>200</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Tendencia de exposición:</td> <td>-4/3 EV</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Velocidad ISO:</td> <td>200</td></tr></tbody></table>

Robert Amoruso
02-09-2009, 08:00 PM
Jose,

Very striking image and the tide wash creates a great leading line into the image. I would have preferred not to see the head of the angler cut at the neck. Better to move and get him completely in front of water or go lower and cut the body in the torso.

I think you composed this well except for the above mentioned head cut.

Your yellows appear to be blown. If not overexposed, I suggest you look into converting the image again with attention to recovering highlights if possible Adobe Camera RAW recovery slider is one possibility.

Keep em coming and thanks for posting.

José Rodríguez
02-09-2009, 08:09 PM
I completly agree about the improvement a different position in the fisherman should be. On the other side, this one belongs to the "dark age", wich means it was taken 8 months ago, when I hadn't discovered raw format yet. This means that I had some "irrecoverable" blows out. Anyway I try to learn from my main knwoledge source, my mistakes.
Thanks a lot Robert

Robert Amoruso
02-09-2009, 09:11 PM
Jose,

Glad to hear your using RAW now. Make an exposure in JPG and you had it. Actually, I think it looks pretty cool with the over saturated yellows but that is something you want to do in post-processing and not making the exposure.

Roman Kurywczak
02-09-2009, 10:14 PM
Hi Jose,
Aaaahhh...that powerful knowledge tool....mistakes! Glad to see you now shoot RAW. As you yourself said.....you probably would have been able to recover the highlights more. All in all though.......you have very strong compositional lines as Robert mentioned.

Kristen Westlake
02-11-2009, 05:29 PM
I love the shape and texture that the water's edge and "bubbles" provide to this image. Provokes emotions and makes me want to be back at the ocean's edge. :) other than the already stated from others - great work:)

susanschermer
02-12-2009, 11:48 AM
I love this image and the feeling it invokes. Especially nice, the inclusion of footprints leading into the water on the sand. Excellent placement of the fisherman and the angle of the surf leading the eye to the horizon. Would also recomment recovery of highlights to make it perfect.