PDA

View Full Version : Star Cruiser

Steve Maxson
02-09-2009, 02:25 PM
I was experimenting with the poster edge filter and kind of liked the result here. This is a Lined Sea Star making its way across the sand at dawn after being stranded by low tide on Sanibel. (I posted the standard version of this one about a year ago.) Normally, my brain is stuck pretty far IN the box, so this is fairly radical for me. :) 20D, 90mm tilt/shift, f/16, ISO 100. Comments are welcome.

Alfred Forns
02-09-2009, 02:33 PM
Hi Steve Do remember the original well !!

Glad your trying some out of the box work, its addictive :) I like the edge treatment since accentuates detail in the sand, could try more saturation on the starfish for more punch. btw all the suggestion you will get here are subjective, there is basically no right or wrong as in more conventional images !!! Looking forward to the next one !!!

Steve Maxson
02-09-2009, 03:57 PM
Hi Steve Do remember the original well !!

Glad your trying some out of the box work, its addictive :) I like the edge treatment since accentuates detail in the sand, could try more saturation on the starfish for more punch. btw all the suggestion you will get here are subjective, there is basically no right or wrong as in more conventional images !!! Looking forward to the next one !!!

Good memory, Alfred, and thanks for the feedback. :)

Gus Cobos
02-09-2009, 05:39 PM
I like it Steve,
I looks like something from outer space...:eek::Dthe effect is very nice...I would punch up the saturation just a tad...:cool:

Julie Kenward
02-09-2009, 07:40 PM
I loved the subtlety of the original so much that I'm having trouble with the remake. It doesn't mean that it's not really good...I just keep thinking of that soft texture in the original and find I like that one better.

Good for you for getting out of the box, though Steve! Keep playing with images - you'll be surprised at how stretching the limits helps the "in the box" photos just as much as the "out of the box" ones.

denise ippolito
02-09-2009, 08:57 PM
Steve, I think you applied the technique very well. I t has an abstract feel to it and I just love it! Agree w/ a bit more saturation on the starfish-I think it will separate it from the BG a bit. BTW the overall composition is lovely!