PDA

View Full Version : Heading down

AJ Kunkel
02-08-2009, 10:12 PM
I am leaving Saturday morning for Orlando for some family fun at Universal, Islands of Adventure, Sea World and Gatorland.

I take it from Mike's posts that I am gonna have a fine time at Gatorland. 1 full day with the family and a couple evenings and mornings without.
I will also have one full day to myself and I had planned on visiting Merritt Island in the morning or evening and also heading to Blue Heron Water Reclamation for either morning or afternoon depending on when I head to Merritt Island.

1. How has it been out at BPWD and the rest of Merritt Island the last week or 2?
2. Has anyone been out to Blue Heron recently?
3. Should I drop 1 or both of these a head somewhere else?

I'll be heading over to Daytona to visit a friend Friday evening and she wants to go to St. Augustine on Saturday. Should I convince the whole gang to head out to the Alligator farm there or just enjoy the city?

Alfred Forns
02-11-2009, 10:17 AM
Hi AJ Will start backwards If you can get to the Ali Farm early will be worth it. The city is also real good, I enjoy walking around and snapping pictures, so if you do real well at Gatorland might go for the city.

Merritt should always have action and lately lots of spoons have been reported. Would try the ponds to the right first, can drive around for some ways. Have had more luck there than at the wildlife drive. Sure someone will let you know about Blue Heron. Have a great trip !!!

AJ Kunkel
02-11-2009, 03:32 PM
Thanks Alfred....I'll post some images when I get back and make a quick report here as well. If I have time for some quick and dirty PP at night, I will post as I go along.

Nancy A Elwood
02-11-2009, 04:06 PM
Just remember Gatorland early in and late out is Wednesday through Sunday, no Mondays or Tuesdays.