PDA

View Full Version : ANHINGA

Dennis Paul
02-08-2009, 09:19 PM
Photo taken this weekend at Shark Valley...

nikon d3
nikkor 300mm f2.8 w/1.4x
manual exposure
f 5.6
1/160
iso 400
ex comp -.67
sb800 flash w/better beamer
tripod w/wimberley head

thanks for your comments
Denny

Oscar Zangroniz
02-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Great shot Dennis. Like the placement in the frame with lots of details. would consider cloning out the bright green blade directly underneath the Anhinga.
Congrats,

Dennis Paul
02-08-2009, 09:53 PM
Hi Oscar...
I think you are right about the green leaf...
I had fun and learned alot sat...thanks again..
Denny

Dan Brown
02-08-2009, 10:22 PM
Nice behavior shot here. The BG is not good but could be improved by removing the white spot in the upper right, the white stuff under the bird, the reed that is so strong on the birds left and the green leaf under the bird. You could also blur the BG a little after removing all of the above.

Dennis Paul
02-08-2009, 10:44 PM
Hi Dan
New eyes always helps me ... Sometimes the problem is right there and I can't see the forest for the trees..I going to try to fix it...
thanks
Denny

Lance Peters
02-09-2009, 01:52 AM
HI Dennis - love the action - you have good details in your blacks and sharp details. Well done !

Hope you have some more with more of the action - woul dbe nice to see a bit more eye on both the bird and the fish.
Made a few changes for you - some S/H on the fish and tried to make the eye a little more prominent, sharpened the eye on the bird, removed green blade of grass and white spot top RHS.
Any improvement?

Alfred Forns
02-09-2009, 08:15 AM
Fine image Dennis Well exposed sharp and good pose Had some great suggestions and fine re post by Lance. Only thing I can add is the point of focus is more on the shoulder than the head? Excellent capture !!!

Gus Cobos
02-09-2009, 11:18 AM
Hi Dennis,
First of all, let me say that it was a pleasure shooting with you at Shark Valley this past weekend...and second, I like your composition, image and capture. Mr. Peters' repost put this one over the top...all of the techs. and good advise have been addressed by our fine BPN brothers...all I can say to you is to keep on practicing , and to have allot of patience, look at your backgrounds and track your light; this is the key. The rest will become second nature to you with time...you did well...:) looking forward to more of your captures...:cool:

Dennis Paul
02-09-2009, 06:58 PM
Hi Everyone
Thank you for the suggestions and that great repost by Lance Peters, it really improved the image... All of you at BPN have been so kind and helpful and have made me feel welcome...
thank you all
Denny