PDA

View Full Version : Daytona International Speedway

Alfred Forns
02-08-2009, 10:26 AM
Image made during bike week a few years ago. This was a few days prior to the big race the Daytona 200. Racing goes on all week in different classes. For the big race I managed to get a pass to the Honda Sweet which gives you access to all other sweets, talk about luxury ... can't imagine what they have there for the NASCAR events !!! Thought of this one after I saw the Orange Bowl image by Oscar !!!

Not sure by I think this was made with the original Canon D30 For the first two models the D was listed first. Also remember I used an IBM Microdrive and failed ..... recovered the image a few years later.

Comments welcome and much appreciated

Gus Cobos
02-08-2009, 04:30 PM
Very nice Mr. Forns...I would like to go to these one of these days...I always watch in on TV...but it's not the same...:D:cool:

Harold Davis
02-08-2009, 05:38 PM
i'm betting bike week is a cool time to be there!! like the perspective from where you were. never been there. gotta go some day!!

denise ippolito
02-08-2009, 05:48 PM
I didn't realize how big it was! Neat perspective!

Alfred Forns
02-08-2009, 07:52 PM
Denise the infield is huge, you have no clue all they have in there !!!! Indy is the same size and they have a golf course !!!

Oscar Zangroniz
02-09-2009, 06:50 PM
Used to go back in the late 70's early 80's when I lived in Cocoa beach. Great place and lots of fun.