PDA

View Full Version : On the Wings

saleeltambe
02-07-2009, 05:53 PM
I always had all those routine images of this Teal (Anas Crecca) floating on the water surface and I was really searching for something different. I got this on my recent trip to India. The feathers that I could see through this images were never seen by me even through a binocular while watching these teals on the water.

Techs- Canon 50D, 500 f4 +1.4x , 400 ISO 1/800-f8, exposure: -1/3 , Gitzo+Wimberly

Axel Hildebrandt
02-07-2009, 08:08 PM
The takeoff pose, light, setting and details are great, I also like the open bill and only wish there were more head turn toward you. It might also work as vertical crop. Keep them coming!

Arthur Morris
02-07-2009, 08:16 PM
Howdy and welcome. What is your first name?

I gotta say that this is one spectacular image. What a pose--getting the head and face at all with the great rear views of the wings is miraclulous. The view of the speculums and the scapulars is too, too perfect.

susanschermer
02-08-2009, 09:27 AM
Agree with Artie on all counts. Definitely not your typical duck image. Very sharp, good light.
I am heading to India, (Dehli, Rajasthan, and thereabouts) in three weeks. Have you any bird area suggestions for me?