PDA

View Full Version : Early Snow

Dave Mills
02-07-2009, 10:30 AM
I shot this in the Grand Tetons a few years back. I always liked it but not quite sure how well it worked.
Nikon D200 24-120 lense
F22 1/500 Tripod Mtd
iso 200 + 2/3 comp

Dan Brown
02-07-2009, 11:01 AM
I like the colors in the BG. I think that the image would be much stronger in a pano crop, removing the forground snow and grasses. The image seems to need sharpening but maybe it's just me:confused:.

Jackie Schuknecht
02-07-2009, 05:54 PM
I like the splash of colours from the trees Dave and the old piece of farm machinery. Looks like a thrasher. I like it as presented, but maybe just give it a bit more sharpening????

Roman Kurywczak
02-07-2009, 06:14 PM
Hey Dave,
I could go either way with the crop......pano emphasizes the long lines more....but the way presented has a nice leaqding line of the grasses........IMO both work, so a nice luxury to have. I am debating the RH bush in the center of the frame..and the samll clump in the LR corner....both aren't that distracting but I do wonder what it would look like W/O it. A bit of extra sharpening wouldn't hurt.........but it looks pretty good as presented. Nicely seen and composed.

Robert Amoruso
02-08-2009, 02:36 PM
Agree with my colleagues about on crop. Nice horizontal line sin the image add depth and the machniery in the FG adds interest.