PDA

View Full Version : Shenandoah Valley

JB Ellis
02-06-2009, 05:20 PM
What do you think. I have mixed feeling. The scene was real nice to view, but I'm not sure I did it justice. Particularly in the processing. Canon 20d, ISO800(gave it some graininess), f11, 1/400, 77mm.

José Rodríguez
02-06-2009, 06:44 PM
I find those layers and the fog wonderful. The isolated tree between the fog is the key....

Gus Cobos
02-06-2009, 07:35 PM
Well composed and executed JB,
I like the solitary tree as an anchor point in this panorama...the fog and haze sparks a tranquil, peaceful mood...congrats...looking forward to more...:cool:

David Thomasson
02-06-2009, 08:00 PM
Beautifully done. I don't think it matters whether you did the original scene justice. Only you were there. Being a native Virginian, I know the Shenandoah Valley very well, and this is a wonderful rendition of just one of its countless moods.

Rene Quenneville
02-06-2009, 08:43 PM
Beautiful. Great mood. The strength of the tones goes well with the fog. I love the composition. Great overall picture.

joel quenneville
02-06-2009, 09:41 PM
I love the soft, muted tones in this image. Your foreground, middleground and background are all great and complement each other nicely. Being able to see the layers in the mountains is a huge plus. I might consider cropping a little off the bottom. Very well done.

Jackie Schuknecht
02-07-2009, 05:46 PM
Hi JB,
I love all the layers and muted tones. The tree gives it a nice focal point. I might just take a bit from the bottom too. Very beautiful.

Roman Kurywczak
02-07-2009, 06:08 PM
Well JB,
You nailed this one! You could go more with H/S or even with contrast.........but that IMO would take away from the mood and feel. The tree placement is perfect and for me....I wouldn't crop as it may take away from the subtle lighting at the grass area. Frame it! Hang it! Very nicely done!

Robert Amoruso
02-08-2009, 02:39 PM
JB,

You nailed this one for all the reasons mentioned above - but that tree is perfectly placed. Great job visualizing the image.

Stefan Jonsson
02-08-2009, 04:25 PM
Stunning Picture!
Lovely composition and light.

David Caldwell
02-14-2009, 09:45 AM
Beautiful composition. I wonder if your mixed feelings about rendition might be resolved by lightening the fog areas and darkening the foreground to accentuate the streams of fog and ridge line. The histogram shows that the sky being much brighter than the fog crammed your exposure rendering the fog a middle gray. I sometimes use a B&W layer to view the tones while burning and dodging.
So lighten up?
Dave