PDA

View Full Version : Pathway

José Rodríguez
02-06-2009, 02:12 PM
I love my sigma 10-20 (specially at 10mm). This one was taken in Tenerife in a place called "camino de las vueltas"). We were 4 photographers in a hike. Unbelivebly I was the only to "see" this corner in the path.....
Nikon D40, sigma 10-20, handholded (I think the bootom edge finishes on my shoes)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2028/2358884416_2b1816fd49_b.jpg

JB Ellis
02-06-2009, 06:58 PM
Wonderfully seen. This shot would make a great inspirational poster. The message could go over the large steps at the bottom. I Love how the god rays seem to be pulling the branches in the center of the photo. I can't come up with any suggestions to make it better, you've got that covered from my perspective. Your shot makes me one step closer to that extra wide angle lens purchase. I'm assuming that you would recommend the Sigma version.

José Rodríguez
02-06-2009, 07:09 PM
JB: I shouldn´t follow any suggestion given by me :-) . I´m a newbie to photography. I love my sigma 10-20, but I have never used any other wide angle. I am happy with it, but surely it´s not a good lens (my reason to buy it was no other than its price and those 10mm reach ). Thanks for your kind comments!

Gus Cobos
02-06-2009, 07:32 PM
Jose,
This is an excellent composition, image and capture I like the perspective given by the winding rock stair formation...I like the subtle tones and hues illuminated by the piercing light rays transforming this enchanted forest, the color rendition is superb...well done I like this...this is a definite image to print and frame...

Roman Kurywczak
02-07-2009, 05:56 PM
Hi Jose,
Very nicely composed! The way the path leads the viewer through the frame and the way the sun rays frame the image at the top and the ferns anchor the base nicely and accentuate the curve of the path. My only recommendations amy be to tone down 2 bright areas.......1 in the v or joint of the branches just above the right path...and the 2nd one......maybe not as much but at the top of the right path also. nicely done!

Jackie Schuknecht
02-07-2009, 05:57 PM
Love the colours Jose, and the wide angle lens gives it an interesting perspective. Might try to bring out some details on the dark side of the rock.

Stefan Jonsson
02-08-2009, 01:48 PM
Lovely shot with the wideangel.
Congrats!

Robert Amoruso
02-08-2009, 02:43 PM
Jose,

Welcome to the forum. You nailed this one, meaning you did really well with the composition and I like the inclusion sunburst. What really works besides the stairs being a great leading line are the branches reaching out from behind the rock towards the sun.

BTW: I have the 10-20mm Sigma and like it a lot. It is a good lens and has received favorable reviews plus some missed ones, but all in all it gets the job done.

Harold Davis
02-08-2009, 03:42 PM
awesome! well seen and composed! love the light in this one!!!

Juan Carlos Vindas
02-15-2009, 08:54 PM
Wow, que belleza de lugar y que hermosa composicion has logrado en esta toma.
Probably the other fellows were looking at birds! I hope to see more of your work.