PDA

View Full Version : Mini Yellow

Bill Foxworthy
01-23-2008, 01:33 PM
I was by a lake after some wood ducks and they flew so I saw this little flower and thought it looked nice.
Canon 40D
100-400 f/4.5-5.6L at 380mm. 1/600, f/7.1, spot metering, ISO 400.

Matthew Pugh
01-23-2008, 03:34 PM
Hi
A nice enough and simple looking composition of this little jewel. My main suggestion would be regarding the processing aspects of the image. I personally find the yellow petals a little lack lustre in appearance, & probably a simple levels adjustment to brighten these up would help. Giving the flower a little more impact
All the best
Matthew

Stephen Stephen
01-23-2008, 07:50 PM
Bill I like you idea but I would suggest cropping this to a portrait format. This would do a couple of things. It would reduce the effect of the flower being in the dead centre of your frame and it would also allow us to see the flower more clearly at a larger size. Finally the OOF leaves would pull your eye in towards the flower itself.

Mike Moats
01-24-2008, 08:00 AM
Hey Bill, very nice subject, and the dew drop adds a nice touch. I agree with Matthew on making the image a tad brighter and Stephen's idea of changing it to a verical could work well. My suggestions would be a crop on the right side, to much negative space there, and a little more DOF for some extra focus on the leaves and stem.