PDA

View Full Version : Bookends

Bill Foxworthy
01-23-2008, 12:56 PM
I dont know if this is a Landscape or animals image but i will try it here.
Canon 40D, 100-400 at 250mm, ISO 400, 1/2500, f/8.0, Spot Metering, foggy morning in Florida today and cropped down about 30% to remove trees from the top etc.

Jason Hahn
01-27-2008, 07:33 AM
I like the smoothness of the water , and how it merges with the sky. The blues add a great mood, as well as the touch of fog at the horizon. I think the composition could be improved a little bit, there is so much empty space between the birds, but no elements to lead your eye from one to the other. The channel marker helps a little, but I am not sure if its intersting enough of an element to lead your eye. Trying to compose pairs of animals that are not close or interacting can be difficult, one option would be to crop even more, focusing on just one bird on a field of blue.

Jason

Robert Amoruso
01-27-2008, 07:39 AM
I have to agree with Jason. The birds lack of proximity and placement at relatively the same horizontal plane in the image are working against you. One bird in a sea of blue would perhaps be better.

Bill Foxworthy
01-27-2008, 01:08 PM
Thanks, I can see now what you mean. Will try that in the future. We just had a lot of fog last week and this was in one of those outings. I love Landscapes but it is not my forte'.