PDA

View Full Version : The Pub

Alfred Forns
02-05-2009, 08:34 PM
I believe this Pub is on the same street as my previous post but taken mid day. Leica M6 35 Summicorn. Thre is no record of the shutter speed but most of this were taken at 1/15 and under .. hand held !!!

Comments welcome and much appreciated

Gus Cobos
02-05-2009, 10:05 PM
Now this is my kind of place...:D:) I like how you zeroed in on the action...from the outside looking in with the customer's back to you. well composed Mr. Al...I can see myself having a couple of martinis before dinner...:D:cool:

Alfred Forns
02-05-2009, 10:37 PM
Gus I believe I made this image while having some Haggis !!!!

Ian McHenry
02-05-2009, 11:38 PM
Al: You're a braver man than me with the haggis !!!
This is such a familiar British pub shot And as taken in "Auld Reekie" I'll settle for a pint (or two) of Tartan Special !!
Really like the composition with the 2 ladies as centrepoint.
The fellow on the left adds balance.
A 1/15 sec is very impressive.Congrats.
Also excellent detail for a transfer from slide to digital.
Any advice on your slide to digital prcedure would be appreciated.
Cheers or as they say in Scotland :"Slainte"
Ian Mc

Alfred Forns
02-06-2009, 12:04 AM
Thanks Ian

I did the slide transfer myslef but never was totally happy with my results. Use a Nikon CoolScann 4000 At the time on of the better units. If you need some scans I'm sure the current scanners will do a much better job and easier. One impartant point is having a clean slide, dust spotting afterwards is no fun !!! Also starting out iwth a well exposed slide is a must !!

Ian McHenry
02-06-2009, 12:32 AM
Thanks Al
I get my slides to digital done at a local shop using highest definition.
Your points about unspotted original and perfect exposure are appreciated.
Cheers: Ian Mc

Harold Davis
02-07-2009, 04:44 PM
i'm craving a yuengling now!! missed you this morning at shark valley. work sux!!