PDA

View Full Version : Swimming Cormorant

Krijn Trimbos
02-05-2009, 06:34 PM
These guys are swimming in the kanals throughout the city I live in. Apparently they were limited in their fish supply when there was a long frosting period and have been sticking around here ever since. Although the light isn't the nicest now I tried for some low angle swim shots as those aren't really common for this species. I know the headangle isn't perfect but I still liked it. Also maybe not apparent here but in the TIFF the reflection is complete.

Hope you like it as well,

Canon EOS 50D 1/250 f6.3
ISO 640
Canon 300mm L USM F2.8 + 1.4 Converter
Handheld

Axel Hildebrandt
02-05-2009, 07:21 PM
I like the angle, pose, details and BG and might increase color temperature a bit. I would also crop some off the bottom since the reflection is not so great anyway.

Daniel Cadieux
02-05-2009, 08:21 PM
I agree 100% with Axel. As well as cropping below I would add a bit above

Robert Amoruso
02-05-2009, 08:49 PM
Krijn,

I like the cold tones of the image and would not warm it up as suggested. I think the head angle looks good - beak and eye sharp. Agree on cropping the reflection. I love the details on his back.

Nice work.

joel quenneville
02-05-2009, 08:52 PM
I love the details in his back feathers. I would add a little saturation to enhance the colors in his face.

Jasper Doest
02-06-2009, 09:42 AM
A nice low angle buddy...but a bit too blue for my taste. I don't see why you think the headangle isn't ideal... Perhaps a bit more room for the reflection would be better here?