PDA

View Full Version : Seeds

José Rodríguez
02-05-2009, 06:20 AM
I bought a 25 years old nikkor 105 f2.8 micro manual focus on ebay (very cheap !). This shot belongs to the first day with it. Handheld in my garden:

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/7435962-md.jpg

<table id="Inbox" width="100%" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td style="font-size: 120%;" width="30%">Cámara:</td> <td style="font-size: 120%;">Nikon D300 (http://www.flickr.com/cameras/nikon/d300/)</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="font-size: 120%;" width="30%">Exposición:</td> <td style="font-size: 120%;">0,005 sec (1/200)</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="font-size: 120%;" width="30%">Aperture:</td> <td style="font-size: 120%;">f/8</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="font-size: 120%;" width="30%">Lente:</td> <td style="font-size: 120%;">105 mm</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Velocidad ISO:</td> <td>200</td></tr></tbody></table>
I know DOF isn't as good as I would like, and maybe colors are not the best, but I feel proud of thIs one.

Anita Bower
02-05-2009, 06:31 AM
The composition and colors are striking. I like the black BG. I would like to see something, such as the top of the central column, be in sharper focus. I like the movement and dancing quality of this image.

Ed Vatza
02-05-2009, 07:00 AM
This image has a lot going for it. Composition is very nice. I like the implied motion. And the black background works for me. You did well for handholding such a close-up but as Anita pointed out I too would like to see a bit more sharpness at the top. I think you will quickly realize that a tripod is indispensable to close-ups of this type.

Gus Cobos
02-05-2009, 09:54 AM
Jose,
well done, I like it as presented...the black background showcases the subject quite well...congrats...:cool:

Joseph Martines
02-05-2009, 12:52 PM
Very interesting with diagonals all over the place.

Handheld no less!!

Thanks for sharing.

Mike Moats
02-06-2009, 06:13 AM
He Jose, I like as is. I wouldn't change a thing. Very cool abstrract look. Well done.

Valerio Tarone
02-06-2009, 09:15 AM
Hi Josè , I come after the others and can't anything except agree: nice detail The black Bg works well. I agree with Ed about a bit more sharpness on the top. But to me it seems odd you didn't use a flash. (?)

Alfred Forns
02-06-2009, 04:09 PM
Hi Jose I would be proud of this image also !!! Love it !!

The little sharpness at the top would be nice but I feel as presented it does not detract in any way, Great Feel !!!
btw I know the bg is all dark and your probably worrying about noise cropping up but would increase the ISO. The D300 does perform very well.... take advantage and I hope you are in 14 bit mode !!!

José Rodríguez
02-06-2009, 04:25 PM
Thanks all for those kind comments. I must agree about the sharpness on the top, but I didn´t realise till you said. Thanks. I´ll fix in next versions. Fortunatly I have a 14-bits raw of this one. :-)
I should have used a tripod and also flash. But you know, I almost never use any of both. The first because I like the oportunities to walk arround gear free gives, and the second because I still know nothing about lighting. I know that a tripod is a must if you want quality pics, but I think my gains in oportunity are worth than my loses on image quality. This will change, when IQ become my first goal....
I´m sorry if sometimes I am ununderstandable. You know english is not my mother language....

Juan Carlos Vindas
02-06-2009, 08:00 PM
Y que mas decir?
Excellent work, as mentioned above the black bg makes your subject stand out. Great buy! lucky you!

Julie Kenward
02-06-2009, 08:06 PM
You got one sweet deal! Excellent work here, Jose. I, too, would like the top piece to be a bit more in focus (or you could always clone it out) but the seeds themselves really make this image pop. It's really beautiful to look at and the implied motion is a real bonus.