PDA

View Full Version : From there to here

Steve Maxson
02-04-2009, 08:08 PM
This Thorny Starfish was stranded at low tide on Sanibel Island at dawn. It is "running" across the sand on thousands of tube feet hoping (I presume) to come across some water. 20D, 90mm tilt/shift tilted to maximize DOF, 1.0 sec, f/16, ISO 200. Comments are welcome.

Christopher Miller
02-04-2009, 08:32 PM
Good photo! The composition is very good with the tracks leading your eye through the picture. Don't see anything I would change.

Aristotle Georgiou
02-05-2009, 02:27 AM
Stunning image Steve!!!

Great composition, beautiful even light and I like the textures in this image also.

Well done

Ed Vatza
02-05-2009, 07:02 AM
I think the image is terrific, Stephen. I love the purity of color, the movement that you have been able to capture in a still photograph and the struggle to return to the sea. Excellent!

Gus Cobos
02-05-2009, 09:57 AM
excellent composition, image and capture Steve..I like the footprint left in the textured sand, the composition is balanced and the color rendition is dead on...good show...:cool:

Joseph Martines
02-05-2009, 12:54 PM
I agree with Gus completely!!

All Maxson's are related - happens to be my wifes maiden name - - cousin!

Mike Moats
02-06-2009, 06:03 AM
He Steve, very good job on the compo. Patterns in the sand add a real nice touch. Well done.

Alfred Forns
02-06-2009, 04:05 PM
Sweet use of the tilt shift Steve !!! Just perfect for me Love the patterns on the sand Simple and beautiful !!!

Julie Kenward
02-06-2009, 08:03 PM
Let's make it unanimous...I love it, too! Gosh, beautiful work here, Steve. Love the details and pattern in the sand and the way you have the starfish it looks like he's inching across the face of a building trying to get away with the stolen goods. I think it's fabulous!

John Hawkins
02-13-2009, 02:53 PM
I like this a lot for akll reasons mentioned already. Just jealous it is not mine. What beach on Sanibel was this? I have lived here 28 years and haven't seen a scallop or a star fish on the Beach. Thanks,
John

Steve Maxson
02-13-2009, 04:01 PM
What beach on Sanibel was this? I have lived here 28 years and haven't seen a scallop or a star fish on the Beach. Thanks,
John

Hi John. This was taken (as were my other beach images) on the gulf-side beach about a mile up from the lighthouse. Some days are much better than others for finding cool stuff. The best time seems to be at dawn (nice light and the beach hasn't been picked over yet) at very low tides and after a couple windy days to wash things near to shore.