PDA

View Full Version : Life...

Adrian David
02-04-2009, 03:47 PM
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/4923/lifesut8.jpg

massimomossi
02-04-2009, 07:45 PM
Adrian,

I really like this. The square format works well, and you have used it all to advantage, since something different is happening in all quarters and the "subject" is off center but balanced by the lines. There is a nice effect in the cracks, as they have a positive v. negative space dynamic that keeps the eye guessing about what is in relief v. what is incised into the wood.

Nice photo, composition, and lasting interest.

Massimo

Joseph Martines
02-04-2009, 08:03 PM
One definitely is drawn to study the composition.

The color, the diagonals, the texture all work in favor of the image.

Thanks for sharing.

Ed Cordes
02-04-2009, 10:56 PM
The abstract feel is well balanced by the single plant. The detail is excellent except for the LRC where it looks a bit soft. Can you selectively sharpen this?

Ed Vatza
02-05-2009, 07:04 AM
It took a moment to get a fix on what I was looking at but once I did, I came away really liking this image. I will only add that the textures make it for me here. Excellent. And agree on the sharpening. Very nicely done!

Mike Moats
02-06-2009, 06:19 AM
Hey Adrian, Really like the artistic feel. Great Lines! The little plant is positioned well and adds a nice touch.

Alfred Forns
02-06-2009, 04:11 PM
Hi Adrian Really nice Can add ..... you might want to boost the blacks a bit. Can do it in selective color and select the black, just a couple of points !!! I like it a lot !!!

Julie Kenward
02-06-2009, 07:58 PM
Very nice composition, Adrian. Well seen as well... I agree with the others that's exceptional in it's use of space and love the single plant compared to the textures in the wood. I wonder if you thought at all about converting this to black and white or even sepia and then masking the plant back in so that touch of green shows through? It might make the textures and contrast of the image pop even more than it already does.

Good stuff!

Adrian David
02-07-2009, 06:51 AM
Thank you very much for the kind words! I will try to put in practice your suggestions and I will post here the result....