PDA

View Full Version : Pink Curls

Ed Vatza
02-03-2009, 09:47 PM
From my light pink rose series done at the same time as the lavender series. The composition looked interesting so I went with it. Pretty simple but I liked the way the petals curled. I thought about rotating to straighten the curled petals but came to the conclusion that wasn't going to be/look natural. As it is, I feel like I want to pull back that petal on the right (like a curtain) to see what is behind it! :D

Canon 50D with remote shutter release; Sigma 150mm Macro lens; Canon 430 EX Flash with LumiQuest softbox diffuser bracket mounted; Velbon Ultra-Luxis tripod.

1/2 sec @ f/16; ISO 200; +2/3 EV; FEC -1

massimomossi
02-04-2009, 08:08 AM
Ed,

This is beautiful. The veins coming out of the interior are especially nice, and this makes a very good companion to your earlier 3-color "abstract". I like the simplicity, and the softness--very voluptuous--with the crisp edges towards the top making a good contrast. Lovely composition.

Massimo

Julie Kenward
02-04-2009, 08:23 AM
I want to peel back the petal on the left!

Beautifully seen and made, Ed. Nice detail and yet it retains its macro feel. Any girl who loves pink would want this hanging on their wall.

Joseph Martines
02-04-2009, 08:00 PM
Can't add much to what has already been said.

Thanks for sharing.

Ed Cordes
02-04-2009, 10:59 PM
Ed, this has wonderful soft textures and colors. I too want to peel the left petal!

Aristotle Georgiou
02-05-2009, 02:31 AM
Beautiful colours and a delicate feel to this image. I like the how the peddles curl, excellent texture and great variation of colour.

Mike Moats
02-06-2009, 06:16 AM
Hey Ed, I like the various shading and textures. My suggestion would be to try this also with the lines running on a slight diagonal.

Alfred Forns
02-06-2009, 04:17 PM
Agree with Mike They are screaming diagonal !!!! Really nice !!!

Ed Vatza
02-06-2009, 05:58 PM
My suggestion would be to try this also with the lines running on a slight diagonal.

Agree with Mike They are screaming diagonal !!!!

I appreciate the critiques and understand where you are coming from guys. I probably have a couple of images on a bit more of diagonal tucked away somewhere. But the more diagonal it goes, the more I lose that curtain-esque feeling that I like so much in the image. That is why I said in my OP that "I thought about rotating to straighten the curled petals" and not to put them on more of a diagonal. My vision was that they should open either side to side or bottom to top (which would look dumb!) and not corner to corner. Hope that makes some sense.:)