PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacles Afterglow

John Cooper
01-23-2008, 04:05 AM
The pinnacles in Western Australia were photographed shortly after sunset.

Canon EOS 10D, Canon 17-40mm at 24mm, 2 secs F22.

David Steele
01-23-2008, 06:50 AM
I like this image, especially the lighting. I think a little more space in the foreground (below the main pinnacle) would enhance the composition. I know this area well and it's spectacular but it is not easy to do it justice!

Jason Hahn
01-23-2008, 09:54 AM
You have some great depth in this image, I like the higher angle you chose for the composition. A lot of times you hear "get lower" in critiques, but I think in this case by going higher you made a great comp choice which included more of the pinnacles in the distance that would have otherwise been obstructed by the ridge in front of you. I do like David's suggestion of a little more room between the frame edge and the foremost rock, cool image of a really interesting place.

BillPelzmann
01-23-2008, 10:32 AM
I really like the light you were able to capture after sunset.
Looks like the perfect choice in time to shoot.

Guillermo Luis Cozzo
01-23-2008, 08:57 PM
Hi John! I agree with Jason, point of view is great and gives a great depth sensation to the image.
The only bit post-procesing for me would be get lower saturation from the sky, that "steals" some of my attention from the pinnacles. Best Regards

D. Robert Franz
01-24-2008, 05:59 PM
A fine capture for sure. I agree with Jason on the FG. Well done...

Robert Amoruso
01-27-2008, 06:53 AM
John,

Yes, going high was the correct choice. Great use of the subdued light. Nit on the rock mentioned. Very well seen.