PDA

View Full Version : Lightings in the Andes

Ramon M. Casares
02-03-2009, 10:29 AM
Hi all, today, I would like to share this shot that I really like, it is from my last trip to the north of Argentina. Hope you like it.

XT
Tv 1/8 SeC.
Av F20
ISO 100
140-400mm
140,0 mm
RAW

Roman Kurywczak
02-03-2009, 11:58 AM
Hey Ramon,
Very powerful image! It appears that you cropped this down to a pano.......so I ask.....do you have any more room on the bottom. I know it's tough to chose where to crop bushes/brush but I feel a bit more base would help. If you don't have room on the bottom.......take a bit more off the top (about 1/2 of the dark grey band)....as this will lessen it's presence a bit and balance with the bottom a bit better.
Still...very nice layers captured in the mountains and the lightning is tack sharp. Very nicely composed!

Rene Quenneville
02-03-2009, 12:48 PM
Outstanding moment. Well exposed. I agree about showing more of the brushes at the bottom. Super picture!

Ramon M. Casares
02-03-2009, 05:17 PM
Hey Ramon,
Very powerful image! It appears that you cropped this down to a pano.......so I ask.....do you have any more room on the bottom. I know it's tough to chose where to crop bushes/brush but I feel a bit more base would help. If you don't have room on the bottom.......take a bit more off the top (about 1/2 of the dark grey band)....as this will lessen it's presence a bit and balance with the bottom a bit better.
Still...very nice layers captured in the mountains and the lightning is tack sharp. Very nicely composed!

Hi Roman, thanks for the suggestions and thoughtfull comment, sadly I do not have any more room at the bottom becasue there were even more bushes and if would've ponited the camera down a bit more to include them in the frame I think these would've apeared OOF so I decided to go with this framing and also, with more room above, I could make sure that the lightning was going to be in the frame. Thnaks again!

Harold Davis
02-03-2009, 07:35 PM
agree with roman's thoughts about more foreground, but fully understand your reasons why you did what you did. awesome capture!! love lightning scenes and your bg is fantastic!!!

Jackie Schuknecht
02-03-2009, 08:10 PM
I love the colour of the sky and the mountains Ramon, and I always thought it would be cool to get lightening in a shot. I too would have like to see more FG elements. Beautiful shot nonetheless though.

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
02-03-2009, 08:21 PM
Nice capture Ramón, getting a lighting shot is awesome. I like the different layers in the sky and mountains.

Robert Amoruso
02-03-2009, 08:49 PM
Ramon,

Spectacular image. THe lightening certainly appeared in just the right place in this image. Well done.

Steve Canuel
02-04-2009, 12:05 AM
Lightning looks great Ramon. I also like the different shades of the mountains and the contrast in colors with the FG bushes. Reminds me of the Sandia Mountains of New Mexico.

Ramon M. Casares
02-09-2009, 09:53 AM
Thank you for your kind words, comments and suggestions. I aprecieate them.

Jasper Doest
02-20-2009, 08:08 AM
Although I agree that a bit more space at the bottom would be even better i just love the layers and colours. Stunning scenery and lovely composition.