PDA

View Full Version : Dade City Rays

Philip Pietri
02-03-2009, 08:35 AM
I never really post stuff like this but I couldn't resist snapping this scene in the hills of rural Dade City, FL. I did a lot of post processing work with color, dodging and burning to embellish the light rays.

Blake Shadle
02-03-2009, 10:32 AM
Really, really nice. Quite a moment, enhanced or not. I like the panormic, really provides for a wide open feeling. I would probably crop out the last tree all the way to the right that is almost touching the frame edge.

Dave Mills
02-03-2009, 11:01 AM
Very nice Philip...For my taste I would crop out 1/2 the bottom

Roman Kurywczak
02-03-2009, 11:16 AM
Hey Philip,
Agree with Blake on the last ree on the right and I may clone out the top part of it too........to give a clean edge. I think you handled the PP nicely......and real color or not.........looks very convincing. I'd go with dave on some off the bottom too...but maybe only a 1/3. Worth exploring. Nicely done for a guy who doesn't do a lot of these. You should try it more often!

Jackie Schuknecht
02-03-2009, 08:02 PM
I like your silhouette of the trees Philip and the colour of the sky. I would also get rid of the tree that is touching the frame on the right. Nicely composed and good PP work.

Robert Amoruso
02-03-2009, 08:44 PM
Philip,

My take on the edges is one or the other:

1) clone some of the trees out on the right to match the left side.
2) crop the left to just left of the first tree and clone out the cut tree on right.

This may not have been possible, but the best bet would be to extend the right until you got a clean edge.

Nicely seen to combine the sun's rays with the tree silhouettes.