PDA

View Full Version : Russet Sparrow

Rene' Villela
02-03-2009, 04:30 AM
Hello everyone!
I saw these two guys trying to warm up. It took me about 10 minutes and 20 shots to finally get one where I had eye contact with both at the same time. A crow helped me. He landed a few meters to the left and both sparrows look at him at the same time.
I had to do some cloning to the guy on the right. There is still some OOF snow in front of him. It was a bit higher covering more of his chest. I cloned the chest from the guy on the left. Besides that I haven't done much to it.
Thank you for your comments!

Nikon D300 - AFS 300 f/4 - TC17eII, AP f/6.7, 1/1000s, ISO 200

Daniel Cadieux
02-03-2009, 07:13 AM
How sweet! Well done to wait and take advantage of the situation. Good thinking about cloning some of the other individual - nice to have "extra" parts :-) I would just lighten the eye on the right guy to match the eye on the left guy. Excellent exposure - the snow looks great. P.S. I don't mind that one individual's feet are hidden...but I wish the OOF area rising beside him would not be as high.

Glenda Simmons
02-03-2009, 01:58 PM
A different image...very nice. The snow looks so much like clouds. If you blurred the ice a little in front of the left sparrow, you could have birds in the Heavin! lol