PDA

View Full Version : Cloudy Waters

Steve Canuel
02-03-2009, 01:31 AM
40D, 28-105 @ 35mm, f8, 1/100s, ISO 400, + 1/3 EC. Handheld.

Roman Kurywczak
02-03-2009, 11:12 AM
Hi Steve,
Welcome to the forum!....although I know you are a regular in the other ones. First the good....you have very nice curves of the mountains which lead you through the scene nicely and the testure in the clouds and colors are fantastic. Now for the minor things...you need a hair of CCW rotation.....but the biggest one is I wish you had gotten the whole curve on the left side.....it's not bad....quite the contrary.......I really like this.......but that little bit of a curve would have made this go from an 8.....to a 10. I may also go with a bit off the top & add it to the base......but I'm not sure that that is an issue at all........just something for you to explore. You did very well with the fog details....and that was the most important thing IMO.......so very nicely done!

Robert Amoruso
02-03-2009, 08:36 PM
Steve,

I think Roman nails this for me too. First thing I noticed was the tree acting to add chaos to the otherwise serene "shoreline". Next I noticed the truncated curve of the "shoreline" and that is one thing us landscape guys will beat you up on. :)

All and all a great image as Roman mentioned.

Steve Canuel
02-04-2009, 12:02 AM
Thanks for the comments. I figured I'd take a hit on the left side. I filled it in with some shadow just for the heck of it and it really made a difference. The created curve seemed to be pushing the finger of fog into the little valley at the bottom.