PDA

View Full Version : The snail dance!

Dan Brown
02-02-2009, 11:37 PM
Female Snail Kite prancing with her prize:)

Camera Model: NIKON D200
Shutter speed: 1/1250 sec
Aperture: 5.6
Exposure mode: Manual
Flash: Off
Metering mode: Multi-segment
ISO: 400
Lens: VR 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6D
Focal length: 400mm

Gus Cobos
02-03-2009, 08:08 AM
Hi Dan,
I like the composition and capture, love the action here. you have good details, and I like the raised, semi spread wings...suggestion: I would crop from the bottom just up to where the top board begins, making this into a pano, thus balancing the subject's wings along the horizontal plane of the frame...also would open up the mid-tones in the bird's wings to bring out more of the details...congrats...good capture...:cool:

Alfred Forns
02-03-2009, 08:27 AM
Love this image Dan The raised foot pose and light are just great !!! Might consider more room up front for the bird to walk into, very centered as presented.

The cropping of the bottom is interesting, my first impression was to reccomment just what Gus suggested but the more I look at it the bottom looks neat. Will be interesting what everyone thinks !!! Big Congrats on this fine image !!!!

Axel Hildebrandt
02-03-2009, 03:00 PM
Pretty funny pose, she really looks proud. :)

Judy Lynn Malloch
02-03-2009, 04:21 PM
Wonderful timing Dan and excellent detail and action. I agree with Alfred's comments on a little more room to move out . as far as the crop I can see why Gus suggested as he did but it looks good as presented too. Fine capture and thanks for sharing Dan.

denise ippolito
02-04-2009, 06:08 AM
Dan, Great image! Love the dance!

Julie Kenward
02-07-2009, 04:10 PM
Wonderful action pose, Dan! I love the lighting as well. I like the crop you chose - might take a tad off the right side to the outer edge of the post but that's about it. I love it as presented.