PDA

View Full Version : Lunch . . . (warning, a bit bloody)

wendell westfall
02-02-2009, 05:45 PM
D70s 70-200VR 2X @400 1/1000 f8.0 ISO400 -1/3EV

This beautiful morning I came across a GBH who had just captured a baby possum (I think) and was standing high up in a dead tree. After about a 30 minutes wait the possum (?) was swallowed, regurgitated, then swallowed again successfully. I got many exposures of the entire process, and so had time to adjust my camera settings; i hope I got them near to optimum. The image was cropped a little bit, then run through noise reduction and sharpening in Lightroom.

Wendell

Gus Cobos
02-02-2009, 06:28 PM
Hi Wendell,
I like the composition and capture...you have a good head angle, I like the details in the feathers...you might want to adjust the saturation and contrast just a little, to make the bird pop; would also recommend in selective sharpening the eye just a tad more...:cool:

Jackie Schuknecht
02-02-2009, 07:05 PM
Ditto Gus's comments Wendell. Like the NR you have run in the BG. Your exposure looks VG.

wendell westfall
02-02-2009, 09:10 PM
Gus, I tried your suggestions and the bird does pop; thanks. I had avoided that because i did not want the sky to become bluer (silly me). I should have knoqwn to do the saturation and contrast on the bird only.

wendell westfall
02-02-2009, 09:11 PM
Jackie, you are the one who first started me on NR correction . . . I try to remember.

Alfred Forns
02-02-2009, 10:53 PM
Wendell if the sky starts looking funky its easy to select then de-saturate a bit !!! Excellent capture !!! ... btw fill flash would have helped !!!

Lance Peters
02-03-2009, 02:22 AM
Hi Wendell - gus nailed the techs, love the action - exposure is good.

Couple of dust bunnies on the RHS near the tail of the bird and above to the right.

Nice one :)