PDA

View Full Version : Group Hug

Mike Moats
02-02-2009, 04:11 PM
I've always wanted to convert some of my images to black & white but never had a printer that could produce good B&W prints, I bought the Epson 7880 last summer to do bigger prints for my art shows and finally got around to trying it out on the B&Ws. It does a awesome job on the prints, so now I'm making some conversions. This group of leaves never did much for me in color but it came out great in a B&W print. You can see more of these B&Ws at my webite www.tinylandscapes.com (http://www.tinylandscapes.com) clink on the B&W link.

Julie Kenward
02-02-2009, 07:07 PM
I saw this on your blog the other day, Mike. I love it as a b&w.but I also thought it would be equally as strong with a sepia tint to it. I ran a simple "antique" action over the b&w image and then lightened it a little bit with a shadow/highlight adjustment. Great texture and pattern either way!

Dave Mills
02-02-2009, 11:16 PM
I like both posts but I'm leaning towards Julies only because I see more detail in the leaves.

Ed Vatza
02-03-2009, 06:50 PM
I really like the look of both of these. It all states with an excellent composition. When you have that, there is no limit to what you can do. Beautiful!

Joseph Martines
02-03-2009, 08:25 PM
Once you have such a great composition you can do a lot of different things to the image.

Steve Maxson
02-03-2009, 08:27 PM
This image is striking, Mike and I find both versions very interesting - and I'm not usually a big fan of black & white. Well done.

Mike Moats
02-03-2009, 08:49 PM
I think your all right, both versions look good.

Anita Bower
02-05-2009, 06:23 AM
Excellent composition. I love how the leaves are wrapped around each other in a line, with strong diagonal lines and triangles. You did a fabulous job of capturing the texture. I, too, am not a fan of B&W, unless it is excellent work. I think your original image falls into that category. Would like to see it in print.