PDA

View Full Version : Purple Gallinule

Cindy Cone
01-22-2008, 11:07 PM
Shark Valley, Everglades. Okay, I guess this is purple gallinule day. I had resized this image to submit before I saw the others. I would have preferred this guy to have been in more typical habitat, rather than grass. I would also have liked to show its big yellow feet, but I was happy to get it out in the open. All of that aside, I'm wondering about this composition. Tighter or not? I think it probably needs more at the bottom,but... All comments appreciated

Canon 5D, 1/500, f/7.1, 100-400 mm at 235 mm.

Axel Hildebrandt
01-22-2008, 11:16 PM
Nice pose and colors. I would add some space at the bottom and it could go a bit brighter. I also wish for a bit more head turn. I'd love to see this species sometime.

Mike Wilson
01-22-2008, 11:50 PM
Good light and the dark bg sets it off nicely. I would crop the right side to inside of the tall blade of grass. Nice image.

Alfred Forns
01-23-2008, 12:33 AM
Fully agree with previous Love this birds Looks like you got this one on the side of the rangers office Particularly like the pose and clean image !!!!

John Cooper
01-23-2008, 02:16 AM
A simple composition that works really well - the walking pose of the bird - the colour impact of its plumage, the sloping bank and the dark BG all spells "Great Effort"!!