PDA

View Full Version : Great kiskadee with gecko

Trey Barron
02-01-2009, 12:32 PM
I have not been out much so this is one from this past summer in Panama.
40d / 500f4 + 1.4x / f5.6 @ 1/4000th / cropped and removed unwanted branches.

Tony Whitehead
02-01-2009, 12:57 PM
Lovely light and pose and the prey really adds to it, Trey. You have slight clipping of the red channels over the hottest area of the image and this may be reducing a little of the feather detail there. I might crop a little from below to decenter the bird a little. Apparent huge DOF for aperture - was the perch almost parallel to the image plane? It gives the impression of receding but remains sharp so suspect it is just an illusion.

Trey Barron
02-01-2009, 01:12 PM
Thanks Tony. I did not notice the red channel. The perch was pretty much parallel to the sensor, but this is not full frame so the depth of field was not as shallow here as it would have been if I was closer.

Axel Hildebrandt
02-01-2009, 01:26 PM
Great find, beautiful bird, good details and the gecko adds to it. Adding to Tony's suggestion, I would decrease saturation of the yellows a few points.

Roman Kurywczak
02-01-2009, 01:27 PM
Hey Trey,
Love the Gecko in this one.......bird angle is very nice and would go with Tony's suggestion on taking a bit off the bottom.....accentuates the curve of the perch even more. Very nicely done!

phillane
02-01-2009, 02:45 PM
Really like this shot, have to concur on the red channel & DOF looks good. The gecko really ties the images up for me.

Dan Walker
02-01-2009, 04:46 PM
Turned out pretty good Trey. Great details and the gecko adds a lot. Agreee about the yellow

Dan