PDA

View Full Version : The bug that had a bad day

Phil Ginn
02-01-2009, 11:33 AM
http://www.ourphotographicjourneys.com/Forums/_MG_6925.jpg

This image is from our trip to Wyoming last summer. Jo was attempting to photograph some flowers from the side of the road with her telephoto lens when two birds landed nearby. After grabbing a couple of quick shots she said that she thought there was something in one of their beaks. When we processed the images later we were really surprised to find the bug was indeed there.

The image was taken at 400mm, 1/1600 second, f5.6, ISO400. We would appreciate your thoughts on improvements. Thanks Jo and Phil

Trey Barron
02-01-2009, 12:49 PM
Nice to catch them with food in their mouths. It seems a little dark and I wish some of the branches were not intersecting the bird. I would remove the one cutting the feet in two and the ones in the upper left.

Axel Hildebrandt
02-01-2009, 01:22 PM
Beautiful specimen and the bug adds to it. It could go a tad brighter for my taste. Too bad about the branch in front of the feet. I would clone out the branches in the upper left.

susanschermer
02-01-2009, 04:28 PM
A bird, is a bird, is a bird. It would make me :) if everyone would post specie name of birds for those of us who need "Birding for Dummies." Thanks!

John Chardine
02-01-2009, 04:29 PM
Nice Western Tanager. I would crop a little tighter if the IQ allows, and as mentioned, remove a few twigs. I agree brightening up the bird would be useful.

Is that quick enough for you Susan?!