PDA

View Full Version : Algarve, Portugal

Tony Woods
02-01-2009, 10:28 AM
I have just joined, today, and would like to know if there are any active members in the Algarve?

Gyorgy Szimuly
02-01-2009, 02:05 PM
Warm welcome here at BPN :)
I cannot recall anyone from there but I may be mistaken.

Szimi

Manos Papadomanolakis
02-01-2009, 03:56 PM
Hi Tony,
Welcome to BPN!!!

Valerio Tarone
02-11-2009, 05:46 AM
Hi Tony welcome To BPN!
Answer: I don't know! In next mayI'll go ,probably, to andalusia and, perhaps ,also Algarve. From >Italy.

Gyorgy Szimuly
02-12-2009, 12:28 PM
I would appreciate if we could know more about photo opportunities os Algarve. :)

Szimi

Valerio Tarone
02-23-2009, 02:56 PM
Gyorgy, as noboby else answer I try: myonly reference is the article publishedv in the italian nature/ photo magazine n.12 December 92. I suppose you mean birdphoto as I know you're a very good birdbirdwatcher. the most intersting part is the inner one, between Alentejo-algarve: pluvialis apricaria, buteo buteo. from Serpa: sporadic Cyanopic Cianus,Alectoforis rufa, Grus grus (wintering), non impossible Tetrax tetrax,difficult to see an Otis tarda. In the area closer to Spain border:bonelli's eagle,milvus milvus, Black vulture (nesting in Spain). I'm not always sure about some names in english. I hope to have satisfyed.
Wishes!

Richard Unsworth
06-26-2013, 10:14 AM
Sorry missed this
I live in the Alentejo, next province up, less than 1 hour north of Faro Airport.
Some great birds to be had here in Portugal, many famous spots in the Algarve as well.