PDA

View Full Version : Least Sandpiper

Katie Rupp
02-01-2009, 09:44 AM
Hope I'm right on the identification. C&C encouraged and appreciated.

Canon 40D; f6.3, 1/2000; manual exp; 1/640 ISO and 100-400 @400

Oscar Zangroniz
02-01-2009, 12:17 PM
Great head angle and eye contact Katie. Also very good details.

Gus Cobos
02-01-2009, 01:48 PM
Hi Katie,
I like the capture and image...you have good details and color rendition, a good head angle and eye contact...I like the double catch light in the eye...My only suggestion is, for the next one; try to get a lower capture angle because the dark diagonal shore line is going through the bird's head...:)looking forward to your next one...:cool:

Alfred Forns
02-01-2009, 03:15 PM
Real nice katie The main thing is the double catchlight and lower angle if possible, I know you do like to get low !!!! :)

Nonda Surratt
02-01-2009, 03:19 PM
Very pretty Katie, like the detail on there back feathers.

The double catchlight sorta bugs me

Lance Peters
02-01-2009, 03:42 PM
hi katie - gus nailed the techs - easy to get rid of the double catchlight in the eye in P.S. You have the HA and eye contact down pat, A lower angle would take this over the top :)

looking forward to more :)

WIlliam Maroldo
02-01-2009, 04:04 PM
Very nice composition, sharpness, and bird postion. Great job! As far as identification, it sure doen't look like a least to me. The bill color and shape, the body and head shape, and the plumage, the bright yellow legs(least seem to be a darker yellow), point to what I would guess a young spotted sandpiper. If I had a nickel for everytime I identified a sandpiper incorrectly.....well anyway it could be a non-breeding red knot. oh heck, I don't know what it is, but I don't think its a least sandpiper. ~Bill

Jackie Schuknecht
02-01-2009, 05:41 PM
Katie, I like the pose and composition very much. Love the almost raised foot and how the HA looks so perfect. I thought the whites had some blue in it so I removed a bit through selective colour and ran a NR for the BG.
Just some ideas.

denise ippolito
02-01-2009, 10:03 PM
Katie, great shot w/ nice details,HA and pose!.Jackies repost is perfect!