PDA

View Full Version : Coming into land

Helen Dewbery
02-01-2009, 04:11 AM
This is my first posting so I'm trying it out and hope it works! Taken at Slimbridge Wetlands Centre in the UK last December as the winter sun was setting.

Nikon D300 70-300 at 125m.

All C&C very welcome.

Alfred Forns
02-01-2009, 02:48 PM
Big Warm Welcome Helen !!!!!! Great first post or any other !!!

I like the wind position very much, hanging feet also enhance the image. Would rather if you had taken a couple of seconds earlier before the bird got past your position. Exposure looks good might have given a little more light for the under wings. With birds goind overhead you are exposing the shadow side of the bird.

I'm sure someone will suggest a little extra sharpening on the head but would be just minor. Oh sharpening wise with these good bg its better to select the bird only and sharpen, keeps the noise in the bg down !!! Excellent and looking forward to more !!!!

Lance Peters
02-01-2009, 03:47 PM
Hi Helen - welcome to the BPN Family = do include your shutter speed and fstop info when you post your - images - it will help us work out what you are doing and make valid suggestions.

Nice first post (Should have seen mine) - Al has the techs pretty much covered, the educational resources forum has lots of good info if you are wanting to learn more about any particular subject.

looking forward to seeing more :)

Gus Cobos
02-01-2009, 04:04 PM
A big welcome to the BPN family Helen,
I like your first post...all of the techs. and good advise have been said...I'm looking forward to your next capture...:)Once again; welcome...:cool:

Jackie Schuknecht
02-01-2009, 05:48 PM
Very nice first post Helen, the only thing I can add is maybe a bit of Noise Reduction in the BG.

Helen Dewbery
02-02-2009, 03:37 AM
Thanks for all your comments. Helen